- Merck Company
- $175,830.00 -175,830.00/year*
51 School Rd
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Mercks success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing our contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The Executive Director, Business Process Reengineering & IT Productivity, is responsible for leadership of our Manufacturing Divisions ITs Process Reengineering and IT Productivity efforts pertaining to:
- Business process Reengineering to reduce transactional costs
- Investment and Value Realization of current and prospective IT investments
The incumbent will report into VP, Information Technology for our Manufacturing Division. Under the guidance of the VP, Information Technology and the Manufacturing Leadership Team members more broadly, the incumbent will play a significant leadership role in driving the return on investment for technology related business investments within the Manufacturing Divisions portfolio and ensuring the highest degree of business transformation and value creation from those investments, as well as from currently deployed capabilities. The candidate will be a member of the Manufacturing Division IT leadership team and a matrix member of the Manufacturing Division Strategy leadership team.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Assessment of current and planned initiatives, including financial performance and strategic fitment
- Definition and implementation of a framework, including appropriate measures, to drive improvement opportunities
- Definition of value opportunities associated with IT enablement efforts, including the purposeful roadmap for increased productivity and value realization
- Identification of business process improvement opportunities, with emphasis on cost optimization, return on investment and value realization through efficiency and effectiveness
- Over the long-range time horizon(6-8years), deliver $250mm savings in operating transactional costs to run our Manufacturing Division
- Savings to be achieved through a combination of direct/indirect labor, overhead and/or other tangible resource reduction
- BA/BS required
- Masters in Business Management is preferred
- 20+ years relevant experience in IT, business, or management experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategy development/planning/execution, namely IT value realization and IT cost optimization
- Direct experience with information/technology driven business transformation, and change management skills are essential
- Experience working with and deploying IT-enabled business capabilities globally
- Ability to influence senior leaders (VPs/SVPs) running global manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-orientation with the proven ability to develop plans and implement them
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, were inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to ...@merck.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement?
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...